Kim Kardashians makeup. Need I say more? No, but I will. As all of you know, Kim K is a style symbol and fashion idol. But to me, she is a makeup icon. Say what you want about Kim’s figure, outfit choices, and how she came to be so successful, but DO NOT criticize her makeup.
Wouldn’t you love to have a makeup artist at your service every day? There to perfect your every eyeliner smudge and re-apply your lipstick? I know I would. And luckily for Kim, she does not just have ONE incredible makeup artist, she has MULTIPLE. From Joyce Bonelli to Mario Dedivanovic, this girl’s got the best of the best.
Fortunately for you, you have me! No, I’m not comparing myself to either Joyce or Mario because frankly, there isn’t even a point, and no I am not going to go to your house everyday and do your makeup (unless you’re a student at the University of Delaware and want to pay me). However, I will give you some pointers on how to get your makeup just like hers. And while I love the new au-natural looks Kim has been sporting lately, I also LOVE the more smokey and glam looks she used to rock.
In this photo here, you can see clearly that Kim has a dark and heavy smokey eye with the perfect pop of champagne in the inner corner. She’s also sporting the perfect nude lip with a beautiful coral blush.
Here are the steps to recreate the Kim Kardashian Smokey Eye:
1. ALWAYS begin with an eyeshadow primer. I prefer the Mac Paint Pot primer in Painterly. It will not only help your eye makeup last longer but will also prevent creasing.
2. Start with a dome shaped brush and a light warm brown color. Apply in your crease using the “windshield wiper motion” while slightly blending down onto your lid.
3. From there you can take the most pigmented black eyeshadow you have, and using a flat shader brush, begin to press the color onto your eyelid. Try not to swipe the color because this will cause A LOT of fall out under your eye.
4. Next go back into your crease with a dome shaped brush, but this time using a darker brown color. This will help to blend the black into the brown and diffuse the harshness of the black color.
5. When you think you have efficiently blended up to Kim K standards, use a small pencil brush with a champagne or even gold color. Apply this solely to the inner corner of your eye (not forgetting to go on the bottom part of your inner corner).
6. Now you want to repeat the same steps for applying eyeshadow to your bottom eye line to create that sultry, smokey look. However, use smaller, thinner brushes.
7. Next, take a light, cream (NOT WHITE) eyeshadow on a small flat shader brush, and apply this just under your eyebrows blending it into the lights brown shade in your crease.
WE’RE ALMOST DONE DON’T WORRY!
8. Taking your favorite black liquid eyeliner, make a thin line on your upper lash line and wing it out just a bit. I prefer using a felt tip eyeliner, such as the Stilla liner or my new favorite, the Kat Von D Ink Liner. (To create an even smokier look, go over this with an eyeliner brush dipped into matte black eyeshadow)
9. Next, take a black coal eyeliner and use this to line the outer corner of your waterline.
10. Kim K is all about the lashes so apply your favorite black mascara and wispy fake eyelashes and your good to go!
This entire look can be created using so many palletes, such as the naked 1 pallete and the smashbox full exposure pallete. There are a million and one black, light brown, and dark brown eyeshadows, so it’s up to you whichever one you choose to use.
You will probably get a lot of fall out under your eyes, so be sure to apply your eyeshadow before your face makeup, so that you don’t have to go back and re-do your face.
Don’t forget that when wearing a smokey eye, you always want to make sure you have a flawless face of foundation, contouring, and highlighting.
Send back pics with your results!
Stay as fabulous as Kim Kardashian,